K2 Private Property’s Senior Facilities Manager – Aidan Lamberth has achieved a QLD first by managing an existing building upgrade to achieve a 6 Star NABERS rating.
55 Russell Street, South Brisbane was awarded 6 Star NABERS energy rating following a 3 month upgrade program focusing on sustainability.
This is the first time ever in Queensland an existing building has achieved this rating. The 6 Star rating is the highest available by the rating agency. There are only 6 buildings in QLD that have this rating for whole of building.
These include landmark new developments such as:-
111 Eagle St, CBD, 123 Eagle St, CBD, 1 William St, CBD, 100 Skyring Terrace, Newstead, 2 King St, Bowen Hills
The measures taken by K2 Private Property that have led to the 6 star rating include:-
- Constant monitoring of AC temperatures to maximise the efficiency of the AC plant.
- Constant electricity readings for both tenant and common areas which allowed us to provide a base building rating.
- Clear identification of the tenants spaces to allow us to accurately calculate 24/7 operational spaces.
- Removal and replacement of all 24/7 lighting in the fire stairs with LED lighting that includes microwave sensors to dim lights based on activity.
- Removal and replacement of all car park lighting with LED lighting.
- Installation of new sensors in the car park to allow lights to turn off when there is no activity.
Ashley Wain, Forza Capital director owners of the building said “We have worked very closely with the team at K2 Private Property, and Aidan Lambeth in particular, on a program of improving our assets. Importantly, many of the sustainability improvements have come at relatively minimal cost, yet these improvements allow us to reposition the asset and, in some cases, improve operating cash flows”.
Aidan Lamberth and the K2 Private Property team have been at the forefront of building upgrades over the last 10 years and most recently have completed upgrades for 333 Adelaide St, 420 George Street and now 55 Russell Street.